Oracle is a product of Oracle Corporation, which provides a related database management system. Oracle’s RDBMS supports any data model and includes different product versions, such as the Standard Edition, the Enterprise Edition, the Express Edition, and the Personal Edition, from which the user chooses the database layout according to their needs. Oracle products are more efficient, scalable, and secure compared to other databases available in the market.
What is Oracle?
Its database is also simply called Oracle. It is a multi-modal database management system designed primarily for enterprise grid computers and databases. It is also one of the first options for low-cost solutions for enterprise applications and data management. It supports SQL as the query language for interacting with the database.
Currently, its database comes in five different versions based on the features available.
Standard Edition One:
It is suitable for single-server or highly branched business applications with limited features.
It offers all the features provided in the standard version. In addition, it offers great machine support and Oracle Real Application clustering service.
This version is packed with features such as security, performance, scalability, and availability, making it one of the most important applications involved in online transaction processing.
This is an entry-level version that is free to download, install, manage, create and deploy.
It comes with the same features as the enterprise version except Oracle Real Application Clustering.
Oracle Database provides the following features to meet the needs of powerful database management:
Scalability and Performance:
Features such as actual application clustering and portability make an Oracle database scalable according to the application. In a multiuser database, Oracle thinks it is necessary to control the consistency and synchronization of data.
Real-time applications require more data availability. High-performance computer environments are configured to provide all-time data availability. Data are available during scheduled or unplanned downtime and failures.
Backup and Recovery:
Its layout is a complete recovery feature to recover data from almost all types of failures. In case of failure, the database should be restored at any time for greater availability. The unaffected parts of the data are available when the victims are recovered.
Protecting data is always a priority. Oracle provides instructions for controlling data access and usage. Enabling authentication and editing user actions can prevent unauthorized access and allow unique access to users.
The Importance of Oracle
It is also one of the oldest companies providing database management solutions. The company is always focused on organizational needs and acknowledges the latest technological trends. That is why its products are always decorated with new features. For example, the latest Oracle database is also available in the 19C Oracle cloud. Oracle offers users a choice of different database versions that offer a low-cost solution.
We talked about the features of its database. These features will give Oracle an edge over other competitors. Now, let’s look at the benefits of Oracle.
- Efficiency: It has guidelines and policies to achieve greater efficiency. We can enable performance adjustment in its database to optimize query processing time, optimize application performance, and quickly retrieve and modify data.
- Multiple Database: Its database supports managing multiple database events on one server. Oracle Instance caching is provided to manage CPU allocations on the server running database events. Event caching works with the database resource manager to manage services in many cases.
- Versions: As we discussed above the different versions offered by Oracle, it is beneficial for users to purchase the version according to their application needs. They can update the version without interruption if their needs change in the future. If you want to learn Oracle Hands, you can download and install the Express Edition database, which is completely free.
- Clusters: It uses real application clusters to provide high data availability. Database with RAC has advantages over traditional database servers:
- Scaling the database over multiple instances.
- Load balancing
- Data redundancy and availability
- Flexible to increase processing capacity
- Failure Recovery: RMAN (Recovery Manager) is a feature of Oracle DP that can recover or restore database files during crashes and crashes. It supports online, archived backups, and continuous archiving. Users can use SQL * PLUS for recovery, which is called user-managed recovery and supports it. The database has an export application to add user-managed backups.
- PL / SQL: The database for practical programming supports the PL / SQL extension.
Why do we use Oracle?
It is a database management software product. A database is an organized database. A database management system not only saves data but also manages it efficiently providing high performance, authorized access, and failure recovery features. It provides an easy-to-use software solution for database operations ranging from individual to enterprise-level applications.